One of the homes of Flights of Fancy!

Friday, October 22, 2010

Beautiful Things.

Beautiful things make me feel beautiful.  They also create a sense of well being that can negate a bad day, give you comfort and make you confident when you're nervous. 
I have a few favorite beautiful things.  Some I wear almost everyday, some are design pieces that I've decorated with and some I only pull out occasionally and some are little things that live in my purse or get thrown around my shoulders when I'm cold.
Favorite Beautiful Thing #1
Last year I bought a leather jacket, it's black, sleek, and a little bad-ass.  Oh! and it smells amazing!  Every day I put it on I feel... cool.  Not mid-80's-90's cool, more rockabilly cool.   Like I'm getting off of the back of a classic Harley, driven by a guy with slicked back hair, who calls me dollface.  It settles on my shoulders just right, and hits my wrists at just the right spot.  I get a little nervous when my mom talks about borrowing it... Not because I'm selfish, but because it's one of my favorite things. 
Favorite Beautiful Thing #2
I have a giant white lamp beside my bed.  It looks kind of like a mid-century modern gourd.  It has a many different sized holes all in the body and the shade is a little shiny.  It looks amazing against the deep turquoise of my wall.  The light that comes from it is perfect, just enough to give a warm glow to my room and bright enough to read by.  I found it one day at Winner's and I just had to have it.  If a lamp could speak, this one would have been calling my name in the most seductive voice ever! 
It's a damn sexy lamp.
Favorite Beautiful Thing #3
A few weeks ago I went to the Flea Market at Lansdowne.  For all of the dross that was piled high at most tables there were some diamonds among the coal.  I got my hands on a sweet little scarf.  It's vintage silk with hand rolled seems and it cost me $2!  I love the feel of it and how when I wear it I look a little bit like Rosie the Riveter. 

I have lots of favorite beautiful things, but my favorite beautiful thing is my niece, Sofia.  Perhaps it's because she's the first grandchild/niece and that's what makes her extra special.  But my heart swells every time I think of her.  If I'm having a bad day I just think about watching her laugh.  If I'm a little sad I think about playing with her. 
The best beautiful things are the people you love.

Cheers Darlings!
Your Friendly Neighborhood Bombshell

1 comment:

  1. My beautiful things:

    The quilt I made for myself, totally indulging my love of all things hot pink and crazy printed. My purse collection, proudly displayed in the purse room/guest room in our house - some old, some new, some crazy, some homemade, some from far off lands - all gorgeous and all with a story. Sometimes I open the door just to stare at them. And of course, my adorable weiner doggy and her silly princess-ness.

    Love, Guess Who :)

    ReplyDelete