One of the homes of Flights of Fancy!

Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Purple!

So tomorrow we have a very important opportunity to bring attention to a sad truth.
People can be evil.  I'm not talking about serial killers, dictators or even supervillains (although those are all evil, too).  I'm talking about bullies.  Small minded, sub-human beings who need to make others feel small to make themselves feel big.
I myself was bullied for years in elementary school and I can sympathize with the young people who have found themselves feeling like they have no recourse but to take their own lives.
So I beg you to take a moment and think about how our actions and words can make someone feel.  Calling someone fat, ugly, fag, homo or stupid (and that's just to name a few), is never okay.
We are all one race, with the same rights and privileges, no matter if you're straight, bi, homosexual, transgendered, or just curious.  Love is universal.

Wear purple tomorrow to show a little awareness.
http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=144778572233301

No comments:

Post a Comment